GPS test procedure / test for humans

peter at peterpall.de peter at peterpall.de
Wed Jul 30 16:31:11 CEST 2008

Didn't run all tests The echo 0 >
/sys/module/glamo_mci/parameters/sd_drive really does wonders on my
freerunner.
Without it using a SD card I only once did see one satellite in the
signal strength list of the AGPS UI. Now i Got 8 satellites -and I no
more see differences between using the Freerunner with and without an SD
card.
I even got a fix when I started the GPS inside my flat (which needed
about 3 minutes. My commercial GPS never gets a fix when inside).

Since the clock pin of all sd cards I have access to is rather
high-impedance I personally would estimate the risk of setting the drive
strength to "0" by default to be rather low.

I am somewhat afraid of soldering wires on pins this small, but if
really needed I would be willing to oscillograph if my sd card provides
enough load to degrade the clock signal, though.

  - Gunter