RFC: blow Ethernet-over-USB into a module

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Wed Jul 30 20:55:01 CEST 2008

> Hmm, I understand the goal. Unfortunately, this also means that having
> bad modules can now prevent you from ssh'ing in even more easily :-(

.. which means that running a well tested image and kernel/modules
package is ever more a priority.

> I just wish USB had ports, just like TCP does, or devices had hardware
> that lets one emulate hubs ...

the linux gadget API can be expanded to accomodate multiple-function
devices, but alas I'm not sure (have to look at the docs) if USB
controller on Freerunner can handle the allocs required ..

but either way, once things stabilize, i wouldn't imagine this being
much of a problem ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan