Toolchain setup-env LDFLAGS definition broken?

Werner Almesberger werner at
Wed Jun 4 00:42:21 CEST 2008

[ Processing mails accumulated during my vacation ... ]

Nigel Cunningham wrote:
> Further to my email the other day, I changed the definition of LDFLAGS
> from

Ah, that explains it then. As a rule of thumb, u-boot and kernel only
need PATH to be set for the toolchain, but they don't use any of the
other environment settings from the toolchain.

> I can't understand how this is working for anyone else.

(Note: things have moved from SVN to git now, so please disregard the
rest of the information there.)

- Werner