my work about KBOOT

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Thu Jun 5 03:14:32 CEST 2008

Am Do  5. Juni 2008 schrieb Werner Almesberger:
> Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> > Please don't forget PMU init!
>
> In fact, I think we should forget as much as possible about it ;-)
>
> I know that we can't forget it completely in the long run, but we
> should at least be able to load a kernel from NAND without touching
> the PMU, making proper PMU init yet another "solve later" problem.
>
> One thing to consider would be what maxium clock speed we can use
> without changing the core voltage.
>
> - Werner

Another thing is "do we charge our battery, do we right on it?". Yet another
question is "did we reset (charger/battery &) press-button interupts so we
won't miss the next one". All this should be done as early as possible (to be
honest, there should be no way to stop it be done, to close the "gap" where
things go wrong)

As posted before: I hooked up usb-charger, selected "power down" from the
(surely outdated) boot-menu, and ended with a DRAINED BATTERY while on
usb-charger!

/j