screen resume on gta02

Andy Green andy at
Thu Jun 5 09:06:23 CEST 2008

| Has anyone else used the latest andy git branch and have any experiences
| with suspend/resume? I'm currently seeing the screen coming back as
| grey-scale.

Wow.  I think you're probably the only guy using that branch with your
config, and the suspend / resume stuff is mega sensitive to that.  Not
to blame your config which is blameless.

Previously when we suspend we forced the LCM into hard reset for the
duration, I took that out to see what would happen and the LCM came back
in resume quicker here without other incident.  You might try
uncommenting it in ./drivers/video/display/jbt6k74.c.

static int jbt_suspend(struct spi_device *spi, pm_message_t state)
	struct jbt_info *jbt = dev_get_drvdata(&spi->dev);
	struct jbt6k74_platform_data *jbt6k74_pdata = spi->dev.platform_data;

	/* platform needs to register resume dependencies here */
	if (jbt6k74_pdata->suspending)
		(jbt6k74_pdata->suspending)(0, spi);

	/* Save mode for resume */
	jbt->last_state = jbt->state;
	jbt6k74_enter_state(jbt, JBT_STATE_DEEP_STANDBY);

	jbt->have_resumed = 0;

//	(jbt6k74_pdata->reset)(0, 0);  <==== uncomment

	return 0;

But even then the problem has to be in resume ordering driven by config
you would think and I dunno how that would work.