code of blink led(some question)

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Jun 6 20:14:07 CEST 2008

xiangfu wrote:
> when i follow this way :
> the AUX led always ON and the POWER Amber led is blink very fast .

Good, it's blinking ! You're almost there.

The unexpected pattern is probably a symptom of that subtle bug you
still have to fix. A hint: put a breakpoint at address zero and see
what happens. A few useful OpenOCD commands:

Reset the CPU and halt it:
> reset halt

Put a breakpoint at address 0:
> bp 0 4 hw

Continue execution:
> resume

Single-step to the next instruction:
> step

List all breakpoints:
> bp

Remove the breakpoint at address 0:
> rbp 0

For more complex problems, you'll want to use gdb, but for the ultra
low-level things, like this one, just plain OpenOCD is often clearer.

Now, it would be good if I could see the exact code that you're using.
So this is a good moment for you to put it under revision control,
either in git (see Andy's instructions) or our public SVN.