Execution times in early boot and AUX timing

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Sat Jun 7 19:32:57 CEST 2008

Am Fr  6. Juni 2008 schrieb Werner Almesberger:
> - how long does one have to hold AUX when bringing up u-boot from NOR ?
>
>   Again, I have no direct measurement. The same approximation would
>   yield about 75ms.
>
>   The general rule is to hold AUX until the boot menu appears, which
>   is guaranteed to be well after we've left that critical phase.

Strange enough, for NOR I have to *release* AUX eventually, or bootmenu never
will come up. This is
'U-Boot 1.3.2-rc2-dirty-moko12 (Mar 5 2008 - 13:43:55)'
'Boot menu (NOR)'
If I released power-button before release of AUX, it simply fades away to off,
on release of *AUX*.
So correct sequence for me is 'press AUX, press power, wait 1 sec, release
AUX, wait for menu, release power'

/j