possible issue with lcd suspend/resume

Mike (mwester) mwester at dls.net
Wed Jun 11 21:27:48 CEST 2008

Sean McNeil wrote:
> I think the patch where I essentially did a printk if I hit it a second
> time crashes. So I'm pretty sure suspend is getting suspended twice as I
> did indeed crash :)

This is consistent with what I observed when I applied that same patch
just a couple of hours ago.

And the reason I applied that same patch just a couple of hours ago, was
because I can't see anything except a vast expanse of whiteness most
times when my neo resumes.  This is with a kernel from the latest 'andy'
branch (and the latest asu.stable rootfs).

Reverting to the asu.stable kernel makes the LCD problems go away.

Soooo... somewhere in the vast delta between that git version and the
HEAD on andy's branch lies a change that broke it!  :D  For what it's
worth, here's the full OE id (which includes the git uuid, i think) for
the asu.stable kernel I'm using:

linux-openmoko-2_2.6.24+git0+421ed0bdd5b468d9de3ba571f49e7b840a8032e3-r1

Regards,
Mike (mwester)