the first step about KBOOT stage1

Dale Schumacher dale.schumacher at
Sat Jun 14 19:02:12 CEST 2008

Thanks for the update.

I'm travelling quite a bit during the next couple of weeks.  I'll try to
take a look at what you have done.  Please continue to post your progress.
It is very helpful.

What limitations are imposed by using QEMU?  Is the low-level boot process
represented in the emulator?  Does it emulate the stepping-stone load and
execution?  What is the best way to debug the boot procedure?  Can you
single-step through the boot sequence in QEMU?  How are the LEDs represented
in QEMU?  Since controlling their blinking is your initial focus, I'm
wondering how to observe that without the GTA02 hardware.

There's a lot of code in the u-boot tree.  I have been reading through it
and trying to get familiar with what is already there, even though much of
it is not necessary for basic functionality.