andy git 06/15 suspend/resume observations

Sean McNeil sean at mcneil.com
Mon Jun 16 05:08:52 CEST 2008

Andy,

This is great work. I have the following observations...

Pros:
display looks so nice now on resume. No flash at all, no degradation
over time while suspended.
Resume speed seems much better as well.
I think I had some sort of invalid wakeup before. I thought it was
because of the GSM but now I am uncertain. I no longer get the
mysterious resumes.

Cons:
audio pop is still there for me. I don't know if you committed changes
that should affect it. When I do fully resume and write to the device it
hangs. Perhaps they are both related to something with DMA? I get around
the hang in the application layer by using a timeout, close, reopen.
That brings audio back to life.
Also, still getting hangs where it will not resume. The only thing I can
do at this point is to ping the device over usb. I have root mounted
over usb, by the way, but I don't think that is the issue.