andy git 06/15 suspend/resume observations

Andy Green andy at
Sat Jun 21 15:45:51 CEST 2008

(Somebody in the thread at some point said:
| Somebody in the thread at some point said:
| | Some deadlock would fit well, something spinning for some reason, I
| | wonder what happens if we blow a NULL pointer exception at that time, a
| | full panic or the kind of "I just killed that driver" thing that happens
| | in normal Linux?
| Oooh interesting, if I force a NULL exception
|     int *p = NULL;
|     printk(KERN_ERR "die on a null %d\n", *p);
| in the neo1973-pm-gsm resume function, I get the behaviour Sean reports,
| does not complete resume, usb0 responds to pings, did not panic.

Further to this I just added a patch to andy branch that will dump
syslog and the OOPS on the debug console if it happens inside resume
time (but you do NOT need any _LL config stuff).  I also posted it to
the list (maybe twice since I remembered halfway through the first time
I didn't checkpatch it and that led to some more modifications to it).

Anyway please try this and if you get a dump on the debug board console,
we're all going to be super interested to see it :-)