My Gta02s wont charge

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sun Jun 22 23:01:29 CEST 2008

Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> to guarantee there never will be set a too high max voltage (would kill
> battery)

The battery's internal protection circuit should prevent the worst from
happening here, as long as you don't go over 12V. (Applies to both GTA01
and GTA02.)

> different topic:
> Booting from USB OTOH is mere impossible, as long as we obey the specs.

What would prevent us from staying below that 100mA limit ? I mean in
general, not with the current implementation that brings up the LCM
and all that.

> But we could make possible to boot from wallcharger if we don't give a s**t
> on the usb-specs.

By the time you've figured out that you have a charger, you have enough
running that you might as well boot ;-)