My Gta02s wont charge

Andy Green andy at
Mon Jun 23 08:49:31 CEST 2008

| Sean McNeil wrote:
|> I think you have this well understood. It does exactly as you predicted
|> and will not power up for me with USB if I follow your procedure.
| Yeah, finally one thing that works as expected !
| Now I wonder why you and Andy seem to have no trouble at all getting
| the GTA02 to run from USB power alone, while mine usually dies within
| seconds (and without any major drop of the voltage on the USB cable)
| if I pop the battery ...

That was several months ago, U-Boot (at least, operation during U-Boot
phase of boot) has not allowed that since then.  But that can work,
since I used it like that for some time, and subsequently for many weeks
my daily usage was to give it a battery only to get it through U-Boot...
and it isn't the immediate startup that I get it through like that
either, but some crisis it needs it for some seconds into U-Boot action.