My Gta02s wont charge / chgena = 0 by default

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Mon Jun 23 09:34:56 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> If you look at MBCC7 in the datasheet and our variant data, there is no
> option here.  In suspend mode usbdevstat gets forced to 01 == 500mA.
> chgena is sticky in suspend and set = 0 in NoPower.  No option.

s/suspend/standby/ :-)

For the benefit of the readers on the list, a brief summary of the
states we have here: The PMU has four states:

- NoPower (all power sources gone, including the backup battery)
- Save (backup battery is present, nothing else is)
- Standby (we have power, but we don't supply the system)
- Active (we have power and supply the system)

We also have system-wide states, namely

- "off" (PMU is in Standby or Save),
- "suspend" (PMU is in Active, but the regulator powering the CPU core
  is turned off)
- "on" (PMU is in Active, the CPU core is powered)

In "suspend" and "on", we can also enable/disable regulators supplying
some of the subsystems. E.g., we can power down uSD/MMC if it's not
used.

I put the names of the system-wide states in double quotes because we
never "officially" named these states.

NoPower is an interesting state, since we should never enter it, except
if the backup battery fails.