My Gta02s wont charge / chgena = 0 by default
werner at openmoko.org
Mon Jun 23 09:34:56 CEST 2008
Andy Green wrote:
> If you look at MBCC7 in the datasheet and our variant data, there is no
> option here. In suspend mode usbdevstat gets forced to 01 == 500mA.
> chgena is sticky in suspend and set = 0 in NoPower. No option.
For the benefit of the readers on the list, a brief summary of the
states we have here: The PMU has four states:
- NoPower (all power sources gone, including the backup battery)
- Save (backup battery is present, nothing else is)
- Standby (we have power, but we don't supply the system)
- Active (we have power and supply the system)
We also have system-wide states, namely
- "off" (PMU is in Standby or Save),
- "suspend" (PMU is in Active, but the regulator powering the CPU core
is turned off)
- "on" (PMU is in Active, the CPU core is powered)
In "suspend" and "on", we can also enable/disable regulators supplying
some of the subsystems. E.g., we can power down uSD/MMC if it's not
I put the names of the system-wide states in double quotes because we
never "officially" named these states.
NoPower is an interesting state, since we should never enter it, except
if the backup battery fails.
More information about the openmoko-kernel