My Gta02s wont charge / chgena = 0 by default

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Mon Jun 23 20:15:03 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> It's pretty strange that "disable charger" --> "don't even power the
> device from USB"... does it explicitly say that anywhere

Not really. But I didn't see it describe any alternative paths either.

> or is that just what we are empirically seeing?

That we do. I'm now seeing it more consistently. Perhaps I used too
high a battery voltage in my earlier experiments, so I only hovered
around Vth(sysok) = 3.1V (*), but didn't reach Vth(batok) = 2.8V.

(*) Set by u-boot. NoPower defaults are different.

Also, Sean McNeils experiment confirms these findings.