My Gta02s wont charge / chgena = 0 by default

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Jun 24 14:53:56 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> We could crank up the clock later I suppose, keeping the backlight, LCM
> and Glamo all down if they're up at this time.  The Glamo has 80MHz PLL
> and its own DRAM so I don't think it's that cheap to run.

Just leaving the CPU at 200MHz (instead of cranking it up to 400MHz in
board_init) saves 30mA, turning off the LDOs another 40mA. Almost there,
without even trying hard :-)

Baseline:
  http://svn.openmoko.org/developers/werner/meas/chg/usb-100/out.ps
  (The the 5s-20s segment corresponds to the measurements below.)

CPU at 200MHz:
  http://svn.openmoko.org/developers/werner/meas/chg/cpu-200/out.ps

LDOs off:
  http://svn.openmoko.org/developers/werner/meas/chg/ldo-off/out.ps

We still seem to lose a few mA when we bring up the PMU (small step
near 6.5s). Our base consumption when just out of reset seems to be
around 60mA.

Now, on to strangling the Glamo ...