merged 2.6.25 kernel - audio

Andy Green andy at
Thu Jun 26 09:40:03 CEST 2008

| I've looked into this a bit and it is because we have no copy op and the
| runtime->dma_area is null. Should the runtime->dma_area be the same as
| substream->dma_buffer.area?
| Sean McNeil wrote:
|> I have been trying to get back to a working system. Unfortunately, my
|> project has moved to 2.6.25 as a base kernel so I merged git andy with
|> it. Now, I get the following:
|> and it spews out
|> <3>INFO: task SDIO Helper:292 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
|> <3>"echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this
|> message.

This is a new feature in 2.6.25+, our SDIO helper thread sits there
until there is something to do and by default now that looks like
something has gone wrong.  You can disable the message how it says.

|> aplay /mnt/wave.wav
|> and I get
|> <4>mapped channel 10 to 2
|> <1>Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address
|> 00000000

I have already had 2.6.25 working OK, if you look at the patches in
andy-tracking you will see ones named

these are the changes I had to make to get the thing to work on
2.6.<version>.  You should add these to your mix if you didn't already.