ESD

joerg joerg.twinklephone at gmx.de
Tue Mar 4 03:44:59 CET 2008

> If the GPS is normal, I think the RF switch circuit (ESD sensitive) is
> complete break-down.

While talking about ESD:
To me it seems, BATTEMP, headset-connector (i.E. HOLD, JACKINSERT), outer
plane of touchscreen (XL,XR | YU,YL ?), and of course debug connector, all
could use some ESD protection. As well as GPS-ext-ant, it seems (U7606,1.
Yeah i know, RF).
Ok, i didn't check the specs of the CPU pins that get the impact, but IIRC
there was a statement of 4kV ESD surge resistance for the GTA. I guess any
complex chip will be better off not to take this.

cheers
jOERG