environment.in updated: booting from SD/MMC

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Mar 4 15:52:39 CET 2008

environment.in had a stupid typo in the SD/MMC boot code. I've also
confirmed that ext2load is indeed broken in u-boot, so I've removed
that option. (We can add it later in case this gets fixed, but the
NORs of the first GTA02 will not have this feature. Not a huge
problem - FAT+ext2 works and so does DFU.)

There's one remaining mystery, and that's the kernel I build with my
defconfig always fails to mount the rootfs from SD/MMC, while the
same code compiled with Andy's defconfig works. (The only obvious
difference is the S3C MMC driver, but also removing that one doesn't
make a difference.) Ironically, the kernel even tells me

VFS: Cannot open root device "mmcblk0p2" or unknown-block(179,2)
Please append a correct "root=" boot option; here are the available partitions:
[...]
  b302     397152 mmcblk0p2

Ah well, a problem for another day.

- Werner

- environment.in: "rootfs=" has to be "root=". Silly.
- environment.in: commented out ext2-only boot since ext2load is broken in
  u-boot