GTA02 u-boot and kernel status

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Wed Mar 5 01:45:15 CET 2008

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Please at least turn on the red power LED from U-Boot as a life indicator.

I can try to make the initial (now almost imperceptible) flash a
bit longer. I don't think we should leave the LEDs on for too
long when booting, though, since the high current drain in
GTA02v5 may then affect normal operation.

> Is the unability to control them individually (switching more than one on is
> not possible) from U-boot an artefact of the same problem?

Not necessarily. The inability to turn on more than one in u-boot
or with "gpio" comes from the update being done by reading back
the old value of all bits and setting/clearing the one we want
and the external circuit forcing all the pins driving the LEDs
to a logic "0". We don't know yet what causes the PMU issues, but
it's more likely purely software.

> Unrelated, but could you please write to the display whether we are in NOR
> boot menu or NAND boot menu?

Hmm, lemme think about this one.

> I'm still a bit worried about a couple of bugs in bugzilla wrt. to gsm,
> audio, and wifi though -- if you say all of these are software issues

In these areas, I know only of the problems discussed recently on
this list, so I didn't repeat these. That doesn't mean that they've
magically vanished, just that other people are tracking these.