GPS issues on GTA02v4

SHAWN_LIN at fic.com.tw SHAWN_LIN at fic.com.tw
Wed Mar 5 06:19:52 CET 2008

Dear Daniel:

According to your results, I think the internal RF path got something wrong. Please check power pin of the RF switch U7606 first (See GPS..jpg). The 3.0V voltage should be measured while turning on GPS. Then, check Vcont Pin (See GPS.jpg) is low (under 0.2V) while using internal antenna. After the above items are checked, Please plug the external GPS antenna and measure the Vcont. High means that the switch is normal (But if your external path is OK, I think the Vcont is always high).  If not, I suggest replace a new component on your Neo.

Of course, the current monitor IC U7605 may the reason to make the path switch is abnormal. Please measure the voltage drop (15mA*6.8Ohm=0.1V or higher depending on your external ant) between Pin2 and Pin3 (See GPS.jpg) while plugging GPS external antenna and Pin 1 is high. If the answer is yes, U7605 works. You may just change the one RF switch to fix it.

I have to check the parts are in stoked in our lab. If you need them, just give me a response. Thanks.

Best regards, Shawn