GTA02 USB and battery current profile

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sun Mar 9 06:59:10 CET 2008

joerg wrote:
> and it's not very clear whether this CV or CC mode for charging.

It should always be CC. The battery simulator is set to 3.6V, so
there's no way for these comparably low currents to make it look
"full".

BTW, this is my battery simulator:
http://people.openmoko.org/werner/battsim.ps

Since I don't have a programmable load, I'm just using a lab power
supply (V2) driving a resistor such that there's always current
flowing out of the power supply, even if we're "charging".

V1 taps into a USB cable and plays USB host/charger. The nice thing
is that USB communication is not interrupted when I turn off V1. (I
guess that's actually a bug. But it's certainly a convenient one :-)