GTA02 USB and battery current profile

Felipe Balbi me at felipebalbi.com
Sun Mar 9 15:56:21 CET 2008

On Sun, Mar 09, 2008 at 11:45:09AM -0300, Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Felipe Balbi wrote:
> > Just passed through my mind this idea, it would be nice to popup the
> > user about which module to use, like when you attach an Nseries nokia
> > phone to your pc, it asks "Pc-suite, Data transfer". How about that ?
>
> Please send patches :-)

That would be done in userspace :-p
Are you guys using HAL?

You could install a hall-addon to check whether vbus is active and
whether the cable attached is mini-b. If both are true this means we're
attached as peripheral and instead of just starting g_ether (which is
now statically linked to the kernel) you popup a screen for the user
to choose.

This means, g_ether and g_file_storage should be modules not statically
linked to kernel.

--
Best Regards,

Felipe Balbi