Macho Hacking vs Product Development

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sun Mar 9 22:08:48 CET 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> Charging obviously affects the maximum current we choose to draw,

Yes, but the logic is the other way around: we set the maximum current,
and what's not spent for running the system is used for charging. So
whether we charge or not should be largely irrelevant (that is, unless
the PMU does not perform according to specification).

Please subscribe to commitlog at lists.openmoko.org

I've forwarded you the commitlog entry of my change.

> it is just directly committed as you insist to do
> without review: a fait accompli without other input as if it was your
> private project and other opinions are worthless anyway.

Everybody is welcome to comment. The change is in a separate patch, so
it's trivial to back it out if there are issues. I really don't
understand from where you get that notion that checking anything into
a repository casts it in stone.

> Almost everything we are doing in U-Boot is waste because we will
> abandon it soon, NOR U-Boot especially so.

NOR u-boot will actually live a bit longer than NAND u-boot, since it's
harder to replace (by design). But yes, I hate every minute I have to
waste on u-boot.