LCM flicker

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Mon Mar 10 03:05:14 CET 2008

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 03:45:30 +0800 Wolfgang Spraul <wolfgang at openmoko.com>
babbled:

> Yes, raster also found that.
> So if GTA01 does not show the problem, it's either glamo or wiring?
> Probably not the LCM.
> Allen Chang will do more investigations tomorrow.
> Werner (or raster), if you can e-mail some specific things you would
> want Allen to look at that would help...
> Wolfgang

colors to look at:

flickers:

RRGGBB convert to 16bit RGB565 with the usual - i.e.

pixel = (((r << 8) | (b >> 2)) & 0xf81f) | ((g >> 1) << 11);

  ff0000
  ffff00
  00ffff
  0000ff

does NOT (perceivably) flicker:

  ffffff
  00ff00
  ff00ff
  000000

nasty examples of clicker that are easy to visibly see:

  ff9100
  0091ff