procedure for migrating to git, patch ingress policy, actual main issue

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Mar 11 14:21:06 CET 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> You seem to have elided a bit from how we left it in .tw, which involved
> explicit migration to git during your holiday and someone shadowing it
> in svn.

That's not quite what I remember, since this would mean that the
migration would happen before we actually have a method that allows
us to continue to synthesize sequential patches, thus possibly
creating a rift in the code base.

Of course, if we can find a suitable solution for this earlier, then
there's no reason to delay the migration. (Or, in fact, to continue
maintaining the then completely redundant SVN repository.)

I'll answer to the rest of your mail in private.