Samsung documentation

joerg joerg.twinklephone at gmx.de
Thu Mar 20 12:29:22 CET 2008

Am Do  20. März 2008 schrieb Wolfgang Spraul:
> Joerg,
> I don't get your point. If we have the Samsung docs in a public git,
> wouldn't that mean we redistribute them to the whole world?
> Wolfgang

Right, that's the intended result. However -my point- for *legal* side of it,
it's a big difference to their lawyers between REDISTRIBUTING (like Intel via
Common Creative) and PACKAGING and shipping with OM's product (what obviously
is the same in real world for a FOSS product).
Further this puts pressure on the point they have to accept this to get their
chip into GTA design. For it's a specified demand their product has to
satisfy to meet OM's needs. It's easy to include a phrase regarding the
shipping of complete docs with GTA somewhere in contracts OM./.Samsung.

I'm no expert for things like these,
Just my 2 cents
jOERG