Post- GTA02 / kill CPU and LCM during calls

Jordan Keith keiths04 at internode.on.net
Sat Mar 22 13:59:32 CET 2008

First post to the board, I've been a lurker though (Feb 08).

On the topic of killing the CPU, would it be possible to have a second
CPU there to take care of all the small things (GSM data, etc), while
the more powerful CPU goes to sleep? Think of it like Intel
Speedstep/AMD CoolnQuiet. When the power is needed, the main CPU is
activated and goes about the business of pleasing the user. When the
phone is sitting in someones pocket, the main CPU goes down and a
smaller CPU takes up the slack. Thinking in-depth, you could possibly
have a 600mhz main CPU and then a 50mhz secondary to take care of the
small things (incoming call notice etc). 50mhz I would assume would give
more then enough power to cope with incomming calls, screen lock, etc.
The 50mhz CPU could also deal with the load-balancing. I don't know how
applicable it is unfortunately but it should boost standby and possibly
even talk time up a considerable amount. The only thing would be that
the 50mhz CPU would need to be always on.

Just my 2c.