dont-smoke.patch / Gold cap possibilities

Gabriel Ambuehl gabriel_ambuehl at buz.ch
Tue Mar 25 10:27:21 CET 2008

On Tuesday 25 March 2008 10:15:20 Andy Green wrote:
> Whether it makes a "feature" if the phone suspended on battery removal,
> survived for 20 seconds on the goldcap so you can swap the battery and
> resume, I dunno.  Inrush current from the battery would need managing
> with a series resistor is all.

It is a nice feature but in some way also a bug because it would not
immediately reset the phone upon removal of the power source. In any case,
there would have to be sticker informing the user of the feature.

The utility of this greatly depends on how long the battery lasts, obviously.
The longer the battery lasts, the less the need for swapping it on the fly.