update from s-media regarding landscape flicker

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Mar 25 15:05:11 CET 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> It is a nice idea, but the data is pretty specific about tying pixel
> counts to axes with min and max that don't fit the rotated concept, eg
> in the software design guide p8.

Yup, and it obliquely refers to this as "Normal" display mode, without
any mention anywhere of any other mode, leaving the question of what
happened with these modes.

> Already asked for, but JBT6K74 is not a TPO device it is a Toshiba ASIC.
>  So I'm not holding my breath getting it passed on by TPO.

Yeah, tricky. But if we ask specific questions, they might look it up
for us. I also wonder if there's any chance of getting something from
Toshiba directly ?