flash image from SD card

Willie Chen willie_chen at openmoko.com
Mon Mar 31 05:11:15 CEST 2008

Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Willie Chen wrote:
>
>>> - env_linux.bin, created with
>>>  nanddump -b -o -f env_linux.bin /dev/mtd2
>>>  after flashing the environment from Linux
>>>
> [...]
>
>>> - env_dfu.bin, created with
>>>  nanddump -b -o -f env_dfu.bin /dev/mtd2
>>>  after flashing the environment with DFU
>>>

> Thanks for the files ! They're identical and both contain a properly
> structured environment. So it seems that the problem is elsewhere ...
>
> - Werner

Hi Werner,

Maybe it is not wrong with erasing partition u-boot.env.
I have another test for erasing u-boot.bin and u-boot.env.

* erase u-boot.bin and u-boot.env in linux.
* re-boot the system, then we get error messages as following:

U-Boot 1.3.2-rc2 (Mar 21 2008 - 00:08:26)
I2C: ready
DRAM: 128 MB
Flash: 2 MB
NAND: 256 MiB
*** Warning - bad CRC or NAND, using default environment
Glamo core device ID: 0x3650, Revision 0x0002
USB: S3C2410 USB Deviced
mtdparts variable not set, see 'help mtdparts'
mtdparts variable not set, see 'help mtdparts'

* I only erase the u-boot.bin by dfu-util and re-boot system,
then it can find the u-boot.env.

I don't have any ideal why u-boot.bin can't be correctly erased
by linux. Do you have any suggestion for this?

Regards,
Willie