SMedia OpenGL library

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Tue May 13 03:02:27 CEST 2008

On Mon, 12 May 2008 13:47:25 -0700 Sean McNeil <sean at mcneil.com> babbled:

there is no such thing. there is however a very opengl-ish state machine where
you modify registers to modify state of the engine much like you do with the
opengl api itself. it is NOT an "opengl api" in hardware, but it is
opengl-like. you still don't have anything handling texture allocation and
migration for you nor 2d vs 3d video memory sharing etc. etc. until u add ttm
into the mix which is still experimental in x-land. otherwise u have  a choice
of fixed allocations for 2d vs 3d... and a lot more. the 3362 is in only 2
devices i know of. some korean translator/dictionary device (name i forget) and
a car navigation system (name unknown). it is not widely used as best i can
tell.