Resume issue after a longer sleep

Holger Freyther zecke at
Mon May 19 23:36:29 CEST 2008

On Monday 19 May 2008 11:10:49 Andy Green wrote:

> | Regarding my suspend/resume issue:
> | 	- Your addition of "suspend" to the i2c s3c driver has a possible NULL
> | dereference but we don't hit that.
> Don't be shy, where is it?

It is attached to this mail. We don't hit that though.

> | 	- It is hanging in __reg_write even before the _xfer of the i2c s3c is
> | getting called (which means i2c_transfer is not called) which can't be...
> How would we know that _xfer is called?  Maybe the notification is
> asynchronous somehow, when we panic it is never issued then even though
> it happened.

__reg_write of the pcf driver, which should end in a call to i2c_transfer,
which should use the master_transfer of our s3c i2c code. i2c_transfer is not
called. So I'm either oopsing somewhere before or... deadlock/sleep. Sorry I
didn't progress on this tonight.

> | might be a timing issue?
> Wah, lovely some horrible race somewhere no doubt (like the others that
> were found in this area).

yupp. Fun :)