u-boot-openmoko 1.3.3 (unofficial package) - testers wanted

Mike Montour mail at mmontour.net
Sat May 24 07:49:02 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:

> The way to solve that is to have a small, eg, 8MB FAT partition first,
> containing the kernel, with a second ext2 partition in the rest of the
> card containing the rootfs.  U-boot can succeed to parse the FAT
> partition and pull out a kernel image file into memory, boot into that,
> rootfs is set for the second partition on kernel commandline.

If GTA01's u-boot can access the card at all (i.e. if the card's not
SDHC) then it can load the kernel from the main ext2/ext3 filesystem, as
long as it was built with the "fix-data-abort-from-sd-ombug799.patch"
from the OE repository.

> If someone with GTA01 -- and a debug board ;-) -- wants to
> compare the Glamo SD driver in U-Boot and the existing driver, they will
> see it won't be a huge job to copy the SDHC support.

I have a GTA01 and a debug board, but I don't yet have any SDHC cards.
I'm planning to get one to go with my Freerunner, and when I do that
I'll also take a look at the u-boot code for GTA01 if I have time.