3 extra driver need to develop for GTA03

Neng-Yu Tu (Tony Tu) tony at openmoko.com
Tue May 27 10:43:12 CEST 2008

Dear Andy:

> | 1. Camera: the final decision of camera module not decided yet (will be
> | decided by this week) current 2M module don't have EVK (and will need
> | extra circuit for S3C2442 interface.
> Huh what?  EVK == Evaluation Kit?  What extra circuit and why?

EVK == evaluation kit.

I mixed up the 3.2M camera with 2M camera, 2M camera don't need extra
back end ic.

> | Need:
> |
> | * Driver for camera
> |
> | * Test item/criteria/fixture design , some need to discuss with vendor
> | FAE for factory quality control.
> Is it known that Samsung do not have 2442 camera driver for Linux already?

I don't remember if I saw any linux camera driver with s3c244x, but I
did saw some windows ce driver comes with smdk2440. I think the most
challenge part will be in the testing integration.

> Joerg had conversation with Mickey Lauer on a list somewhere I read,
> there is an existing FOSS project with what is believed to be this mux
> action already.  The mux action appears to be a standard part of GSM
> spec somehow.

Yes, I saw this page before, and also gsmd-devel discussion below

Because we had implement a lot merge gsmd with mux as whole one
(including dialing/sms/phone book/SIM function (PUK/PIN)/others
function). Original gsmd had mux im-complete implement before (harald),
but removed since 2007 May.

Tony Tu