3 extra driver need to develop for GTA03

Andy Green andy at openmoko.com
Wed May 28 08:54:23 CEST 2008

| Am Dienstag, den 27.05.2008, 10:02 +0100 schrieb Andy Green:
|> | Because we had implement a lot merge gsmd with mux as whole one
|> | (including dialing/sms/phone book/SIM function (PUK/PIN)/others
|> | function). Original gsmd had mux im-complete implement before (harald),
|> | but removed since 2007 May.
|> I like the idea of that userspace driver mux /dev/pts concept, but I
|> didn't like reading about weird autogenerated code.  Nobody said it
|> didn't work reliably though.  Does it actually work reliably or are we
|> supposed to mount an effort to do this in kernelspace?
| Hmm, looks like you didn't read my status report. In there I reported
| that apart from some stuff which we may have to add for basic MUX mode
| (TI Calypso does advanced MUX mode), I have been using gsm0710muxd since
| weeks without any problems.
| At this point of time I see no value in pushing this into kernelspace.
| I'd rather see value in more testing and polishing gsm0710muxd (see TODO
| in git tree).

So it means the answer to Tony's concern is that Mickey recommends
gsm0710muxd which is reportedly mostly working.  We just need to make
sure the "testing and polishing" preferably on the final module actually

I guess it isn't my problem but if Vala and glib fell out of it, for a
low level daemon that might also be a good thing.