3 extra driver need to develop for GTA03

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Wed May 28 11:30:52 CEST 2008

>  Am Dienstag, den 27.05.2008, 10:02 +0100 schrieb Andy Green:
> > | Because we had implement a lot merge gsmd with mux as whole one
>  > | (including dialing/sms/phone book/SIM function (PUK/PIN)/others
>  > | function). Original gsmd had mux im-complete implement before (harald),
>  > | but removed since 2007 May.

AFAIK there hasn't been any in gsmd.  I sent some incomplete patches
to bugzilla around that time but they weren't in gsmd (or ready to be
in gsmd).

>  >
>  > I like the idea of that userspace driver mux /dev/pts concept, but I
>  > didn't like reading about weird autogenerated code.  Nobody said it
>  > didn't work reliably though.  Does it actually work reliably or are we
>  > supposed to mount an effort to do this in kernelspace?

In the previous discussions reliability wasn't a concern with
userspace muxer, the main concern was the performance and it's still a
valid issue.  However, there was strong indication that someone was
working on it for a different project (laforge + someone else for yet
another project) and that it would come from upstream one day.  Since
there's a working userspace implementation it stopped being urgent.
--
Please do not print this email unless absolutely necessary. Spread
environmental awareness.