MUXer issues (was: 3 extra driver need to develop for GTA03)

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Thu May 29 02:56:31 CEST 2008

Am Mi  28. Mai 2008 schrieb Michael 'Mickey' Lauer:
> > Yep, as I see it, there should be some new devs in /dev to access the
> > virtual
> > serial channels which are muxed over one physical connection. That's
> > obviously a low level deamon thing.
>
> I rather like the way how we currently allocate /dev/pty/<n> on demand
> for a virtual channel and release it when it's no longer necessary.

hey, that's fine for me! Didn't talk about static devices.
[[please notice: I have no idea of actual situation, nor am I the developer
crack. Just talking common sense of last 20 years]]
Anyway I think there shouldn't be a difference between MUX and in fact using 2
or 3 of the actually available serial links of MC75i. Maybe hw (=some others
+ me) decides we don't need mux and use some 2nd very new (yet to discover)
additional serial link of 2442 CPU<->GSM - this mustn't break anything
though, things have to be consistent and maximum agnostic of actual
hw-platform!
Probably some means to figure out the device my internet connectivity is built
upon would be fine.

CU
/j