MUXer issues (was: 3 extra driver need to develop for GTA03)

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at
Thu May 29 02:56:31 CEST 2008

Am Mi  28. Mai 2008 schrieb Michael 'Mickey' Lauer:
> > Yep, as I see it, there should be some new devs in /dev to access the
> > virtual
> > serial channels which are muxed over one physical connection. That's
> > obviously a low level deamon thing.
> I rather like the way how we currently allocate /dev/pty/<n> on demand
> for a virtual channel and release it when it's no longer necessary.

hey, that's fine for me! Didn't talk about static devices.
[[please notice: I have no idea of actual situation, nor am I the developer
crack. Just talking common sense of last 20 years]]
Anyway I think there shouldn't be a difference between MUX and in fact using 2
or 3 of the actually available serial links of MC75i. Maybe hw (=some others
+ me) decides we don't need mux and use some 2nd very new (yet to discover)
additional serial link of 2442 CPU<->GSM - this mustn't break anything
though, things have to be consistent and maximum agnostic of actual
Probably some means to figure out the device my internet connectivity is built
upon would be fine.