NAND trouble (was Re: introduce-gta02-pm-wlan.patch)

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sat Nov 1 02:48:29 CET 2008

I wrote:
> Hmm, my wild guess would be that the introduction of read_subpage in
> the NAND layer somehow caused this.

I've been poking around this a bit more. The problem seems to be that
NAND_CMD_RNDOUT sometimes doesn't produce quite the right data.

It looks as if this may be linked to the offset not being a multiple
of four, but I need to gather a bit more data to confirm this pattern.

A quick work-around is to always set "gaps" in nand_read_subpage.
That way, it always reads the whole OOB data.