moving neo1973-pm* drivers elsewhere (was remove_pcf50633_voltage_rails..)

Balaji Rao balajirrao at openmoko.org
Sat Nov 1 08:02:15 CET 2008

On Sat, Nov 01, 2008 at 05:07:39AM +0000, Andy Green wrote:

> |> |
> |> |
> even
> |>
> |> In fact I can't get these last two patches to apply to your public git
> |> branch either.
> |
> | Yes, I'll do it. I used to do it everytime, but missed it this time.
> | Will update immediately.
>
> Great, thanks.

Hi Andy,

balaji-tracking updated.

> Another different issue... we have a bunch of stuff down
> arch/arm/plats3c24xx/neo1973_pm* at the moment, it has been OK but now
> it's suddenly wrong because I want to reuse those guys on s3c6410 basis.
>
> Since you're going to be the guy selling this stuff upstream too, what's
> your opinion about moving it?  We can put it in plat-s3c but that
> doesn't seem right either.  I think maybe they should just be in the
> drivers/ tree.

Seems right. Similar controls for acer laptops exist in
drivers/misc/acer-wmi.c. They've clubbed together bluetooth, wireless
and 3G controls in one driver. Probably we can do that for our stuff as
well. What do you say ?

By the way, I'm not able to get stable-tracking to compile.

arch/arm/mach-s3c2440/mach-gta02.c:74:31: error: asm/plat-s3c/nand.h: No such file or directory
arch/arm/mach-s3c2440/mach-gta02.c:78:34: error: asm/plat-s3c24xx/udc.h: No such file or directory

	- Balaji