Logical names for mtd devices

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun Nov 2 15:26:39 CET 2008

If I look at /proc/mtd I see that each partition has a name (which is
used by things like dfu-util) and that's good.
But in /dev, the devices are only accessible as "mtdN".
I wanted to write some udev rules similar to the ones used for
/dev/disk/by-names, but trying out udevinfo on the various /sys files
that seemed relevant (found via "find /sys -name '*mtd*'"), it seems
that the device name is never provided to udev.

Does someone know how to get the name into an appropriate udev rule?

        Stefan