WLAN with Linux SDIO: sneak preview

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Mon Nov 3 17:53:08 CET 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> Transition to stable-tracking needs managing carefully, a lot of /sys
> has changed around with the device tree.  Anyone who wants it can build
> it, for normal customers we need to make it more finished.

Sure, but this may be one of those cases where it may be bad now,
but it'll be worse later. I.e., we've already missed the "sweet
spot" where the number of intentional differences visible to user
space was small.

> All you need to know about is stable-tracking :-)

Excellent :-)

> What does it mean "most of the content"?

About 80-90% of the "character cells" go black while the rest retains
its previous content. I'll take a picture the next time it happens.

> It can be Harald's Glamo DCLK
> patches, if you press the power button it should resume video update.

Hmm, that patch's from early October ... that may fit. I'll try it,
thanks !