WLAN with Linux SDIO: sneak preview

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Nov 4 00:02:00 CET 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> It's still funny, the DCLK patches make my soft cursor freeze only and
> keep the content.  The glamo does not know about "character cells"
> either.

One theory would be that the clock gets shut down while the VT is
being cleared character by character. There's some kind of logic
like this in the console/VT/FB subsystem, but it's spread out over
a lot of code. Anyway, the clock isn't the problem.

I left the device sit for a few hours and nothing interesting
happened. Then I disabled and re-enabled the LCD clocks one by one
but this just made the LCM content decay (and to recover when I
turned the clocks back on), not yielding the pattern I had
observed.

Well, maybe it'll decide to happen overnight. I'll take a picture
and try the power button if it does.