Openmoko Bug #2115: White Screen of Death (even without suspend)

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Wed Nov 12 14:52:08 CET 2008

#2115: White Screen of Death (even without suspend)
 Reporter:  RuiSeabra        |          Owner:  openmoko-kernel
     Type:  defect           |         Status:  new
Component:  System Software  |        Version:  GTA02v5
 Severity:  major            |       Keywords:  WSoD white screen death idle fso gta02v5
 Haspatch:  0                |      Blockedby:
Estimated:                   |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:                   |   Reproducible:  always
 I've noticed this on the dailies, but now I installed FSO Milestone 4 and
 it happens as well.

 Because the WSoD on suspend still isn't solved, I disable suspending.

 I count on at least screen dimming to save some energy but... now even
 dimming the screen causes the WSoD after some time (maybe the suspected
 ten minutes or so).