[Om2008.9] trac/ticket/1742 && power-off from userland

matt_hsu matt_hsu at openmoko.org
Thu Nov 13 17:40:01 CET 2008

Werner Almesberger wrote:
> matt_hsu wrote:
>
>>       I've asked Accton about this question, they suggest us to use wmi
>> to configure the power state of WLAN.
>>

> You mean  wmiconfig -i eth0 --wlan disable  ?

Nope, the scenario I tried is when the whole system is in suspend.
It looks like these, you need to execute these command before "apm -s".

	1. wmiconfig --sethostmode asleep /* to tell ar6k what host's current is */

	2. wmiconfig --setwowmode enable /* enable wow function */

   The cpu core of WLAN module would get into suspend then. I measured the current before, the current is below 3~4mA, IIRC.
   The cpu core would get up periodically to check whether any packets buffered in the AP.

	Matt