[Om2008.9] trac/ticket/1742 && power-off from userland

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Thu Nov 13 21:07:41 CET 2008

matt_hsu wrote:
> Nope, the scenario I tried is when the whole system is in suspend.
> It looks like these, you need to execute these command before "apm -s".
>
> 	1. wmiconfig --sethostmode asleep /* to tell ar6k what host's current is */

Okay, so that's when WLAN remains operational, e.g., in a VoIP
phone, not the "cut power" scenario the original poster was
referring to.

This doesn't seem to affect the WLAN module's power consumption:

just booted			161.6mA
--sethostmode asleep		161.7mA
associate			184.4mA
--sethostmode asleep		184.8mA
--setwowmode enable		184.8mA

(Note that the "just booted" system current has increased by
almost 2mA since the previous tests. Might be due to the higher
afternoon ambient temperature of about 30C.)