[PATCH 2/2] cleanup-gta02_lis302dl_bitbang.patch
nelsoneci at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 03:28:21 CET 2008
* Improve comment about the chip select issue with the accelerometers.
Signed-off-by: Nelson Castillo <nelsoneci at gmail.com>
0 files changed, 0 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
diff --git a/arch/arm/mach-s3c2440/mach-gta02.c b/arch/arm/mach-s3c2440/mach-gta02.c
index 21a147d..a959f67 100644
@@ -1057,14 +1057,21 @@ static void __gta02_lis302dl_bitbang(struct lis302dl_info *lis, u8 *tx,
- * Huh.. "quirk"... CS on this device is not really "CS" like you can
- * expect. Instead when 1 it selects I2C interface mode. Because we
- * have 2 devices on one interface, the "disabled" device when we talk
- * to an "enabled" device sees the clocks as I2C clocks, creating
- * havoc.
+ * Huh... "quirk"... CS on this device is not really "CS" like you can
+ * expect.
- * I2C sees MOSI going LOW while CLK HIGH as a START action, we must
- * ensure this is never issued.
+ * When it is 0 it selects SPI interface mode.
+ * When it is 1 it selects I2C interface mode.
+ * Because we have 2 devices on one interface we have to make sure
+ * that the "disabled" device (actually in I2C mode) don't think we're
+ * talking to it.
+ * When we talk to the "enabled" device, the "disabled" device sees
+ * the clocks as I2C clocks, creating havoc.
+ * I2C sees MOSI going LOW while CLK HIGH as a START action, thus we
+ * must ensure this is never issued.
if (&lis302_pdata_top == pdata)
More information about the openmoko-kernel