PATCH/RFC [0/3]: Fix suspend and other acceleromter issues

Simon Kagstrom simon.kagstrom at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 13:07:11 CET 2008

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 10:53:00 +0000
Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> wrote:

> >> Like I said, just reading the sample doesn't cause an acknowledge.
> >> There is a possibility that the line never toggles.
>
> I read the datasheets (we have two now) for lis302dl again before
> writing that last mail and I did not find an explanation for what
> clears the interrupt source in hardware there.  Reading between the
> lines we are interrupted if "new" X, Y or Z sample is ready, I expect
> we make those "new" samples "old" and so clear them as interrupt
> source by reading the samples.  So "just reading the sample" does
> "cause an acknowledge" down on the lis302dl.

In the application note there is a section on interrupt generation.
About data ready interrupts it says the following (p38):

   "The Data-ready signal is risen to 1 when a new set of acceleration
    data has been generated and it is available for reading. The signal
    is reset after all the enabled channels are read through the serial
    interface."

i.e., like you said as far as I can tell.

// Simon