stable-tracking test image

Klaus Kurzmann mok at mnet-online.de
Sun Nov 16 13:15:53 CET 2008

* Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> [081116 12:47]:
> | * Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> [081114 16:19]:
> |> aborts)
> |> |>
> |> |
> |> |
> |> 2Mo ?
> |
> |> Yes not the flashing but the U-Boot environment is set up to only pull
> |> 2MB into SDRAM, you can meddle it I believe.
> |
> |> I'll also put a recent Qi up in a minute that can do it too.
> |
> | hmm, somehow sound is not working correctly, if I boot via Qi. The same
> | stable-tracking kernel booted via u-boot (with the setenv from Werner)
> | has working sound.
> |
> | The sound card is there and I can open alsamixer and adjust the mixer
> | settings. Also alsactl restore is working. But no sound comes out of the
> | speaker.
> |
> | What can this be?

> Can you explain the steps needed to reproduce this?  Another guy was
> saying he received a call to wake his suspended device, I guess it
> should mean sound was working for him, and I think he was using Qi.
I flashed qi-s3c2442-andy_31095752b3d61962.udfu and
uImage-moredrivers-GTA02_stable-tracking_35e59a5529403296-GTA02.bin

Then I booted into SHR and tried calling. No sound. Ssh'd into it and
looked at alsamixer, which looked fine. So I thought this might be some
incompatibility between SHR and stable-tracking.

Then I re-flashed u-boot changed the environment to boot the bigger
kernel and retried. With success.

Will retry now with the newer Qi (qi-s3c2442-andy_589233efbd0792b8.udfu)
and the newer uImage (uImage-moredrivers-GTA02_stable-tracking_69f1632025765e66-GTA02.bin)
and will tell you, if I can reproduce it...

> Which sound channels are we trying to use?
How do I check this?

> -Andy

Mok