PATCH/RFC [0/3]: Fix suspend and other acceleromter issues

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sun Nov 16 16:58:45 CET 2008

Simon Kagstrom wrote:
> Well isn't the accelerometer driver a pretty good example?

That's what I meant :-) But in order to make the case for a lean
and fast async interface, we'd have to have some code that proves
that it's actually better. Hence my suggestion for the DMA-based
approach, which should be fairly close to the optimum one can do
on the kernel side. (Beware that SPI DMA isn't trivial, though.
E.g., there are some quirks with the first and last bytes.)